There’s a reason why this Viral TikTok Cucumber Salad is everywhere—it’s so good!

I’m not on TikTok, but even I’ve heard of the viral TikTok cucumber salad. It seems to be everywhere these days, and if you haven’t heard of it, it’s time to discover what all the hype is about. Sure, there are plenty of great recipes out there for cucumber salad. I’ve even provided links to two of them below in the similar recipes section.
I took a few minutes to watch some videos of this cucumber salad online. Of course, many different recipes claim to be viral cucumber salads. In truth, many probably are. I will say that each recipe looked pretty good. So, what makes this one so special? I guess that it has to do with the recipe’s creator, a guy named Logan Moffitt in Canada. He posts videos about making kimchi and cucumber recipes and eating Korean food, from what I discovered. People must really love his recipes, because he gets plenty of views.
I’ve had plenty of cucumber recipes throughout my life. My mother made one when I was young. I remember the containers of sliced cucumbers sitting in the refrigerator for days. My favorite versions are from Korean barbecue restaurants. There’s one where I used to live that brought small appetizer dishes to the table while we looked over the menu. I miss that salad, but this one is so similar that it pretty much fools even me.
The salad has such a wonderful mix of flavors from the garlic, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, fish sauce, and sugar. It is savory, salty, and sweet all at once. If you add the chili flakes, you also get a nice bit of heat. Make sure to use toasted sesame seeds. They bring a nutty flavor you don’t get with the untoasted ones. If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.

How to get thin cucumber slices
This viral TikTok cucumber salad features thinly sliced cucumbers. That typically requires using a mandoline, which is my least favorite kitchen utensil. I actually own two of them, but rarely use them. No matter how careful I am, I always seem to get a finger too close to the blade. I did discover a trick recently—and that was to avoid going too far down the cucumber. I figured it was better to leave over an inch of cucumber than to risk getting hurt.
There are some alternatives you can use for uniform slices. If you have a food processor with a slicing attachment, that will absolutely get the job done. You can use a vegetable peeler, a handheld slicer, or a sharp chef’s knife. I actually have a cheese slicer that I use for my veggies, and it provides nice, even slices. Finally, if you want to get creative with your cucumber salad, use a spiralizer to make fun noodle-like ribbons.

How do I store leftovers?
Refrigerate leftovers from this viral TikTok cucumber salad in an airtight container and consume within 24 hours. This dish is best enjoyed immediately, as the cucumbers will get soggy the longer they sit. You can probably keep it a little longer, but expect the cucumber slices to get very soft.

Similar recipes to try
This viral TikTok cucumber salad may have taken social media by storm, but there are plenty of other tasty versions to try. One of my favorites is this Creamy Cucumber Salad, with its fresh dill providing bold, bright flavor. If you prefer a vinegary version, try this Cucumber And Onion Salad. Cucumber lovers will also enjoy Cucumber Raita, a creamy Indian dip that helps cool the heat of a spicy meal. If you really want to surprise the cucumber fans in your home with a treat, prepare Cucumber Soup—a cool, refreshing bowl of freshness.


Viral TikTok Cucumber Salad
Ingredients
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Dried chili flakes to taste (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Instructions
- Wash the cucumber and slice it thinly. Optionally, sprinkle a pinch of salt over the slices, toss, and let sit for 5 minutes to draw out excess water. Drain well.

- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, dried chili flakes, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.

- Add the cucumber slices and green onions to the dressing. Toss gently until evenly coated.

- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top. Serve immediately for a crisp texture or refrigerate for 30 minutes to enhance the flavors.

Nutrition
The post Viral TikTok Cucumber Salad appeared first on Pepper Porch.
0 Mga Komento